Monday 31 January 2011

Classics Revisited

I recently found an amazing video rental store here in Kingston that has the BEST selection of classic movies! Best of all, it's less than $6 for three movies (so much better than $6 for one at Blockbuster)! I used to try to find the greats at Blockbuster, but always failed.  Who doesn't carry Casablanca!?!!  I fell in LOVE with this new place, appropriately named Classic Video, and now I'm trying to make a dent into my "To Watch" classic movie list.  I started with
Charade with Audrey Hepburn,

  Rear Window with Grace Kelly,

 and The Philadelphia Story with Katharine Hepburn.  I recommend them all!

And this weekend I've moved onto
Chinatown with early Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway
The Thomas Crown Affair with Steve McQueen and Faye Dunaway. I loved the one with Pierce Brosnan (it's one of my favorite movies), so I figured this one also had to be great

The Manchurian Candidate with Frank Sinatra.  Another one that was remade later on. 

I love wandering down to Classic Video on weekends where I want to relax, have a quiet night, and feel a little swanky (watching old films makes me feel a smidge more glamorous). I love movies pre-1970.  The actors are so much more swoon-worthy, and the are actresses all so wonderfully glamorous and graceful.  And of course the fashion is so much fun to see! I normally stop by Starbucks, pick up the latest holiday or signature latte, listen to Dean Martin on my ipod, and leisurely stroll down by Lake Ontario to Classic Video.  I normally spend half an hour just perusing the amazing collection, trying to pick out my three movies. It's become a little bit of a ritual, and I'm going to miss it once I'm done with school!  I hope I can find another classic video store wherever I end up...

Does anyone have any "greats" that I have to see?  I'd love some recommendations for my next visit!

xoxo,

No comments:

Post a Comment